Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mohamed Lemine O/ Sidaty <si...@bcm.opt.mr> on 2000/02/17 10:57:59 UTC

How to install a new Web application in tomcat Servlet environment

Hi All
Please can any body tell me how to install a new Servlet into tomcat servlet environment .
I have tomcat installed on an IBM AIX 4.3 running a JDK 1.1.8 .

Please give detailed procedure the README and FAQ acompaning the product are not much clear .

Thanks in advance

Sidaty

Re: How to install a new Web application in tomcat Servlet environment

Posted by Jayme Edwards <an...@execpc.com>.
In current builds put your war in a subdirectory of webapps and add a
context mapping for it in conf\tomcat.xml.

Jayme

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@jmonkey.com>.
I think that really sums it up well...
though I think there should be three different class roots (classes and
servlets, jsps), one for reloadable stuff (servlets), and one for static
stuff (like beans) and one for the compiled JSPs.

- Brill

Posted by Chris Janicki <Ja...@ia-inc.com>.