Posted to user@metron.apache.org by "Meenakshi.S" <me...@inspirisys.com> on 2019/03/28 10:45:54 UTC

Syslog5424 topic missing in kafka

Hi ,

Due to some node issues I have to reinstall metron. Now I am not able to find the topic syslog5424 in the list of kafka topics .

Any idea how to get the missing topic .

Regards,

Meenakshi

Re: Syslog5424 topic missing in kafka

Posted by Stefan Kupstaitis-Dunkler <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Meenakshi,

I don't think so, as mentioned, you want to create your Kafka topics based
on your requirements of number of replicas and number of partitions.

Best,
Stefan

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
There are a series of flag files we create in the metron home directory to
assist with managing state on restarts. Look there for any flag files
pertaining to Kafka/parsers. Deleting the file will inform Ambari to
reinstall.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 5:38 AM Meenakshi.S <

Posted by "Meenakshi.S" <me...@inspirisys.com>.
Hi Stefan ,

Posted by Stefan Kupstaitis-Dunkler <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Meenakshi,