Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carlos Dias <cd...@pontoc.pt> on 2004/03/22 18:18:44 UTC

logkit.xconf conf

Hi,
How can I configure the logs to be written in $TOMCAT_HOME/logs?!
Thx,
CDias

Re: logkit.xconf conf

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Mar 22, 2004, at 11:01 AM, Carlos Dias wrote:

> With "context:/" do you mean "${context-root}", right?!
> But this variable defines the servlets webapp context?!

No; I mean the "context:/" pseudo-protocol.  The Cocoon URIResolver is
in force here, so it knows what you mean when you say "context:/path".
~mark

Re: logkit.xconf conf

Posted by Carlos Dias <cd...@pontoc.pt>.
With "context:/" do you mean "${context-root}", right?!
But this variable defines the servlets webapp context?!

CD
Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Mar 22, 2004, at 10:21 AM, Marco Rolappe wrote:

> but you can't (shouldn't be able to) reach $TOMCAT_HOME/logs via
> context relative addressing (e.g. context:/../logs), since the context
> protocol should disallow access outside the context for security
> reasons.

I do that very thing: "context:/../logs", so it must work :-)
~ mark

AW: logkit.xconf conf

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
but you can't (shouldn't be able to) reach $TOMCAT_HOME/logs via context
relative addressing (e.g. context:/../logs), since the context protocol
should disallow access outside the context for security reasons.

I guess you have to specifiy the absolute path.

Re: logkit.xconf conf

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.