Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Alex Kashko <aa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/12 17:44:21 UTC

Can't resolve Target Object Error again

"1.3  Help! I'm getting this error: "Unable to resolve target object.." when I try to
invoke a method on my SOAP service.
    This is a classpath problem. Ensure that your SOAP service class is included in the
classpath. For example, if your class is called
    HelloServer and it is in directory /foo/, then make sure that /foo/ is in your Tomcat
classpath when it launches."

I'm running Tomcat 4.0, which does not use an explicit class path on starting
- the menu bar short cut refers to java.exe in the jre folder. I tried putting an
explisit classpath ( a copy of the system classpath since it ignored that) that
explicitly contains the directory holding my class files. No luck. I tried deploying the
tclass files on a UNIX box with an environment known to be working - still
the same error. I tried taking a copy of catalina.bat ( the only documentation for
integrating SOAP and Tomcat refers to Tomcat 3.2) and setting system variables in the
command window till catalina.bat started tomcat and inserted the explicit classpath - all
that did was zero my class path.

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: Can't resolve Target Object Error again

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.
With Tomcat 4.0b1, (plain Tomcat 4.0 uses crimson and didn't work at all well with
code that needed xerces; the milestone upgrade comes with xerces 1.4.3, I think)
you just drop the jars you need into common/lib, and they will be there when
you ask for them. (So far, so good, anyway...I'm just starting to transfer stuff
and I'm not nearly done.) Tomcat 4.0 really doesn't seem to want you to make
much use of the explicit classpath...

Tom Myers

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.