Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Robert Schwalbe <ro...@inode.com> on 2011/03/26 17:01:38 UTC

Setting up svnserver with SASL

I cross posted this message this past week to users@subversion.apache.org without it garnering any attention. Please have some leniency to the cross posting - I'm hoping the technical knowledge of this membership might prove more insightful.

--

I'm attempting to setup svnserver with SASL on Mac OS X Server 10.6.6 per the documentation at:

   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.svnserve.html#svn.serverconfig.svnserve.sasl

I guess I would like to start by simply asking if any one has successfully done so.

Currently I'm stumped when using saslpasswd2.  I get prompted for the password, and prompted for verification, but the sasldb does not get created (or at least I cannot find it).

Arek Dreyer pointed out the following:

   syslog -w shows:

   saslpasswd2[11095] <Error>: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
   saslpasswd2[11095] <Debug>: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: pwauxprop
   saslpasswd2[11095] <Notice>: setpass succeeded for somename
   saslpasswd2[11095] <Debug>: Setpass for OTP successful
   saslpasswd2[11095] <Notice>: OTP: set secret for somename

Any help, pointers, suggestions or (even) snide comments would be sincerely appreciated.

Re: Setting up svnserver with SASL

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@e-reka.si>.
On 26.03.2011 17:01, Robert Schwalbe wrote:
> Any help, pointers, suggestions or (even) snide comments would be sincerely appreciated.

Snide comments aside, it looks like you're having problems with SASL,
not with Subversion.

-- Brane

Re: Setting up svnserver with SASL

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mi...@gmail.com>.
Well, I'm not a developer, but I'd just like to point out that
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/mailing-lists.html
explicitly states: "Please do /not/ post to dev@ as a last resort after
failing to get an answer on users@."

Thanks and best regards, Miha