Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by "McClure, Timothy J(IndSys, GE Interlogix)" <Ti...@ge.com> on 2002/10/29 16:15:53 UTC

SSL Resumption Support

Last January I was inquiring if anyone knew how to perform SSL session resumption using an XML-RPC client.  I did not receive a solution so I finally went back and addressed the issue.  My solution was to copy the XmlRpcClientLite class and change the init method to use SSL sockets configured for resumption.  Also on Windows we experienced a performance issue where the HTML header was being prematurely flushed.  In my class I write the HTML header and XML content to a single byte array and do one write to the socket output stream.  Attached is my class.  I would appreciate it greatly if this capability was somehow incorporated into the Apache base-line.  Let me know what you think.

 <<SecureXmlRpcClientLite.java>>
Thanks,
Tim McClure

Re: SSL Resumption Support

Posted by Andrew Evers <ae...@redwood.nl>.
> Last January I was inquiring if anyone knew how to perform SSL session
> resumption using an XML-RPC client.  I did not receive a solution so I
> finally went back and addressed the issue.  My solution was to copy the
> XmlRpcClientLite class and change the init method to use SSL sockets
> configured for resumption.  Also on Windows we experienced a
> performance issue where the HTML header was being prematurely flushed.
> In my class I write the HTML header and XML content to a single byte
> array and do one write to the socket output stream.  Attached is my
> class.  I would appreciate it greatly if this capability was somehow
> incorporated into the Apache base-line.  Let me know what you think.

I've just had a quick look at your code and I will try to include it
as part of the general overhaul of the XML-RPC to HTTP(S) interface
that Ryan Hoegg and I are working on at the moment. I still need to
see what the differences between your class and the standard secure
client are.

Do you have a version available as a diff against the original
XmlRpcClientLite? I've just diff'ed it against the current version in
CVS and I'm getting a lot of formatting and small naming changes
in my diff. A diff against your original would allow me to ensure that
all your changes get correctly included.

Andrew.

Re: SSL Resumption Support

Posted by Andrew Evers <ae...@redwood.nl>.