Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Matt Brictson <ma...@55minutes.com> on 2011/03/10 02:01:22 UTC

Fate of CompressedResourceReference in Wicket 1.5?

Hi,

CompressedResourceReference in trunk is basically empty and has the comment "TODO NG". A quick search through the source leads me to believe that IResourceSettings#getDisableGZipCompression() is also unused.

In other words, gzipping of resources is not implemented in Wicket 1.5.

Are there plans to do so? Part of me thinks that maybe this feature should be dropped, as compression makes more sense to handle at the servlet container or web server layer (e.g. mod_deflate).

Thoughts?

--
Matt

Re: Fate of CompressedResourceReference in Wicket 1.5?

Posted by Matt Brictson <ma...@55minutes.com>.
Opened:

Matt

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.