Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2005/10/11 16:48:01 UTC

firefox and the transparent logo

Note: Roller 2.0 branch build

Firefox (I'm running 1.0.7/Win) doesn't seem to display the transparent Roller logo properly.  The upper and left portion of the red background (from the tan theme) is missing until you mouse over it once.  Then it looks fine.  This may just be a minor problem in the composition of the background, but I'm not sure.  Is anyone else seeing this using Firefox with Roller 2.0?

I notice there is some MS IE magic contributed by Kenneth Kolano.  At the risk of controversy I'll throw this thought out: perhaps we're getting too fancy and should just have a separate image per theme color scheme?  (Ugly yes, but robust.)

--a.

Re: firefox and the transparent logo

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
Yeah, the image trick is perhaps too fancy (and I mean that in the
nicest was possible) but it works everywhere I've tried:

WinXP MSIE 6
Mac OS 10.3.9 Safari
Mac OS 10.3.9 Firefox 1.0.4 and Firefox 1.5beta
Solaris 10 x64 Firefox 1.0.6
Debian 2.4.25 Linux Firefox 1.0.4

- Dave