Posted to tsik-dev@ws.apache.org by "Granqvist, Hans" <hg...@verisign.com> on 2006/01/18 14:36:17 UTC

RE: canonicalization problem with tsik ?

Hi Henri,

The presence of the prefix, or any prefix, is not relevant in
canonicalization, since
the c14n process only deals with the namespace URI not the chosen
prefix. This
means that, for example,
<a:element xmlns:a="http://a"/>
and
<element xmlns="http://a"/>
are equivalent.

There are too many unknowns here for me to help efficiently. I'd need to
see the
actual Java code and XML that is being verified with TSIK to help. Can
you post
it/them?

Thanks,
Hans