Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Indra Gunawan <ig...@balicamp.com> on 2003/08/19 09:35:23 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.6 in HPUX

Hi all,

I am using Tomcat 4.0.6 in my Linux box and up until now it is okay . But
when I wanted to install it on HPUX machine , I couldn't find the
installation depot required , so I took shortcut ;) I just copied the source
from my Linux box into the HPUX and automagically it ran successfully .

I want some opinion about this situation from you guys ... HP doesn't
provide installation depot for Tomcat 4.0.6 but it does provide installation
depot for Tomcat 4.1.24 . Should I continue as long no errors found or
uninstall it ? My clients insist me to uninstall in case there will be
troubles and just use Tomcat 4.1.24 from HP ... well, that will cost me a
lot of hard works and I will avoid it .. if there is still chance :)

Thx in advance

Indra Gunawan

Re: Tomcat 4.0.6 in HPUX

Posted by Reinhard Moosauer <rm...@moosauer.de>.
Hi,

hopefully I understand you right, otherwise please be clearer about what you
want to do.

normally, there is no hard work in porting an application from tomcat 4.0.6 to
4.1.24. So why not use the newer version?

I would suggest to setup tomcat 4.1.24 on the linux box and thoroughly test
the app and use the 4.1.24 depot on HP happily.

If you do  development on tomcat, you are bound to test your apps with new
stable tomcat releases from time to time.
4.1.24 _is_ a stable release. That's why HP is using it.

Maybe we can help to fix problems with the port.

regards,

Reinhard

Re: Tomcat 4.0.6 in HPUX

Posted by Reinhard Moosauer <rm...@moosauer.de>.