Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Rowan Burgess <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/25 23:29:59 UTC

Secure Configuration Guide

Hello,

Is there a guide/reference available that outlines "best practices" on how
to configure TomEE securely?

I have used Tomcat in the past, and am familiar with steps such as those
described in https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/security-howto.html ,
but I have not worked with TomEE before.

I need to ensure that no ports/services have been exposed unnecessarily.

I also need to ensure that there are no servlets / JSP's mapped and
accessible by default.

Appreciate any help/guidance you might have,

Thanks!

Re: Secure Configuration Guide

Posted by HWinMT <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Contribution to this discussion. The attached pdf has 4 links. The first two
are dated, but worth reading. The second two have already been mentioned.
The rest of the document is notes from setting up Tomcat 8.5.16 on Windows
Server 2012.

notesFromSettingUpTomcat_8.pdf
<http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/file/n4682337/notesFromSettingUpTomcat_8.pdf>

Howard

Re: Secure Configuration Guide

Posted by Rowan Burgess <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the feedback. We are using TomEE plus 7.0.3 and have followed
the "Tomcat Security How To" guide as an opening step. The server will be
deployed behind a load balancer and firewall.

I have found the documentation related to remote EJB calls (
http://tomee.apache.org/ejbd-transport.html ) and confirmed this is not
present.

Are there any other considerations we should be aware of?

Apologies for such a broad question - I have not worked with an EJB
container previously ( usually just simple Spring applications! ). TomEE is
being used to migrate an inherited legacy application away from WebLogic
and we are trying to verify that we have taken appropriate steps to secure
the server.

Thanks again for your help!

Rowan

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.