Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Spurthy Rayapati <sp...@psipower.com> on 2019/02/04 21:46:18 UTC

EJB 2.1 Support in TOMEE

Hi David,

We are in the processing of converting our Weblogic EJB2.1 over to TOMEE
7.1.X

We ran into a couple of issues with the ORM mapping, so we decided to
try the
https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/tomee-7.1.x/examples/simple-cmp2
example. The testcases on this maven project are failing.

After going back to https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/tomee-1.7.x
(which is part of the stale branches), the build passed successfully.

Q. Is this a known issue on tomee-7.1.x?

Also, we were planning to use the compile time OpenJPA Enhancer Ant Task
to convert our 2.1 beans and not use the Runtime Enhancer. We tried to
do this on 1.7.x, 7.0.x,7.1.x tomee simple-cmp2 example, but had errors
related to persistence.

Q. Would it be possible to provide us a working example of "Compile time
enhanced" CMP2 bean.

Thank you
--

**Spurthy Rayapati**
/Sr Software Developer/

Re: EJB 2.1 Support in TOMEE

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
> Q. Is this a known issue on tomee-7.1.x?

That's not an issue I'm aware of, but I have worked in this area recently,
so I'll take a look. It'll be tomorrow before I can get back to you on that.

> Q. Would it be possible to provide us a working example of "Compile time
enhanced" CMP2 bean.

I'm not familiar with that Ant task, but if you can give me some pointers
on how you're running it on the simple-cmp2 example, I'll see if I can help.

Jon