Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Robinson <er...@psmnv.com> on 2023/07/05 23:36:58 UTC

Can We Disable Chunked Encoding?

We've been seeing problems with failed requests where the response comes back with duplicate chunked encoding headers:

[Response]

HTTP/1.1 200
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=86400; includeSubDomains;
Cache-Control: no-cache,no-store
isAuthenticated: true
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 17:22:11 GMT

This is a violation of RFC 7230, so our nginx proxy is dropping the request and returning a 502 bad gateway error. I've spoken to F5 about this, and there's no way to make nginx ignore this violation. Unfortunately, the app is a canned product, and we don't have access to the code.

Is there a way to disable that behavior in Tomcat?

-Eric

Disclaimer : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for intended recipients. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

Re: Can We Disable Chunked Encoding?

Posted by "Terence M. Bandoian" <te...@tmbsw.com>.
On 7/24/2023 10:09 AM, Eric Robinson wrote:
> My apologies. I wasn't aware that something else besides the subject line identifies a thread. I thought changing the subject line *IS* starting a new thread. Thanks for letting me know. For my own edification, what does the list look for in a message to identify the thread?

Check the message source for headers identifying the thread.

-Terence Bandoian

Posted by Eric Robinson <er...@psmnv.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.