Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/15 18:52:55 UTC

Hm. git svn dcommit didn't work so well ...

... if you're wondering about my latest commits, it's because
something with my dcommit worked poorly.

I'm working to fix it.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Hm. git svn dcommit didn't work so well ...

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
I've yet to use git+svn, so i'm not sure what git svn rebase does but
for the others
I use:
1) git checkout -b <branch>
2) git commit
3) git checkout trunk
4) git pull
5) git merge <branch>
6) -

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Took a couple of extra passes but I worked it out.
>
> I probably did something wrong along the way.
>
> I'm not 100% sure I followed the right procedure.  Do you use "git
> pull" or "git svn rebase" to pull latest changes into your local trunk
> branch? Perhaps we could review the whole process:
>
> 1) Create a local branch
> 2) Series of local commits
> 3) Switch to trunk
> 4) Catch up with trunk changes
> 5) Apply local branch changes to trunk
> 6) Commit to SVN
>
> I'd like to verify what the right Git command is for each of those
> steps.  Thanks!
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hm. Maybe it did work. Hopefully I haven't screwed anything up.
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ... if you're wondering about my latest commits, it's because
>>> something with my dcommit worked poorly.
>>>
>>> I'm working to fix it.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>>
>>> Creator of Apache Tapestry
>>>
>>> The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to
>>> learn how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!
>>>
>>> (971) 678-5210
>>> http://howardlewisship.com
>>>

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com
>>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: Hm. git svn dcommit didn't work so well ...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship