Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com> on 2001/10/12 23:14:58 UTC

[ANN] XSLfast: Authoring tool for XSL-FO

Dear subscribers,

after a long development period, we have finaly released the very first
version of XSLfast for public review and test.

***
XSLfast is the first graphical editor for authoring XSL-FO
***

Beside editing XSL-FO,  XSLfast also allows to do mail merging and forms
processing. You can create an XSL-FO template and attach XML data with
this template. XSLfast automatically creates XSLT files for transfering
XML data into the template and allows to merge, create and preview the
result.

The evaluation version is as functional as a first release can be
(internal version number is 0.8).

The version is available from:
  http://www.xslfast.com/

Best Regards

Stephan Albers
jCatalog Software AG

Re: [ANN] XSLfast: Authoring tool for XSL-FO

Posted by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>.
Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:

> On Friday 12 October 2001 23:14, Stephan Albers wrote:
> > after a long development period, we have finaly released the very first
> > version of XSLfast for public review and test.
>
> Interesting, thanks for the info!
> How is XSLfast licensed? Open Source? Commercial?

XSLfast will be a commercial product. The licensing terms are not fixed
right now. We will probably licence the system on a per user basis.

Some of our tools that are related to XSLfast will be released as open
source (XSLT editor etc.).

Stephan

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacr�taz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++