Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Kodela Jagadish <k....@gmail.com> on 2015/02/26 04:31:32 UTC

Need advise on migration of EJB 2.x to EJB 3.x

Hi,

Could you please give your valuable advise on how to migrate from EJB 2.x
to EJB 3.x.

i am actually looking for any tool or any plugin to migrate the project in
an efficient way with minimum manual work.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Kodela Jagadish.

Re: Need advise on migration of EJB 2.x to EJB 3.x

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
We have a (now quite old) Eclipse plugin that could assist with this. Its
not compatible with the latest versions of Eclipse. I had an old alpha
build here:
http://people.apache.org/~jgallimore/test3/openejb-eclipse-plugins-1.0.0.alpha-src.zip
and video showing the install into Eclipse Ganymede here:
https://vimeo.com/7393498. The video also covers the OpenEJB WTP
functionality which you can ignore - the install is the first 3 minutes of
the video. You will most likely need an older version of Eclipse, such as
Ganymede, I doubt newer versions will work.

There are some instructions for the migration here:
http://openejb.apache.org/generating-ejb-3-annotations.html.

It would be good to update the plugins for the latest Eclipse versions and
create a release if they are useful. Any feedback would be most welcome -
please do let us know how you get on - good or bad. If you're interested in
hacking on any of the code for the plugins, I'd be happy to guide you.

Regards

Jon

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Kodela Jagadish <k.jagdishchandra@gmail.com