Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Ivan Serdyuk <lo...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/28 00:28:41 UTC

Building demos for integrating Apache Nifi Minifi CPP and UI toolkits

Hello.

First things first - I wasn't able to join Slack channel:
https://apachenifi.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNDI2NDMyMTY3MTA5LWJmZDI3MmM1ZmYyODQwZDYwM2MyMDY5ZjkyMDkxY2JmOGMyNmEzYTE0MTRkZTYwYzZlYTJkY2JhZTYyMzcyZGI
is
no more active.

I was curious if any end-users of
https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi-cpp tried
to integrate and support integrations MiNiFi and UI toolkits (in a proper
way), for handling dataflow from/info UI forms/controls (labels?).

I have suggested the following list (sorting by predicted priority):

   -
   https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/get-started/create-a-basic-windows-10-app-in-cpp

   - Qt
   - MFC
   - http://wxwidgets.org/
   - WTL
   - https://www.gtkmm.org/en/
   - https://www.fltk.org/
   - http://fox-toolkit.org/
   - http://nanapro.org/en-us/
   - https://www.ultimatepp.org/
   - https://juce.com/

Ivan

Re: Building demos for integrating Apache Nifi Minifi CPP and UI toolkits

Posted by Ivan Serdyuk <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Reanimating our previous discussion.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 3:26 AM Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not aware of any specific work done for CPP in this fashion.  Could you
> provide more details on the functionality you are suggesting?  Is this
> providing analogous functionality of NiFi's interface for MiNiFi?

Yes, probably. Since any real-world business intelligence assumes that
human-to-machine interaction assume proper limitations on visibility,
accessibility of UI controls (input and output controls, at least) - it
would make sense to give MiNiFi control on computational capabilities, for
the widgets, to avoid computing and exclude unnecessarily re-drawing (if
there wouldn't be a predicted need in transferring ingested data chunks
into NiFi, use any NiFi's processors on the server).
More ordinary and predicted options, combined with the above ones, if about
so-called validation of the use input (internal capabilities of the UI
toolkit, like QT/FLTK/... could be used) - but auto-generated input would
always suggest providing dedicated controls, not the average text box. So I
am assuming that is guaranteed, in such a way.
Advanced options have sense for reflecting some text, graphics (vector,
raster) at specific widgets - and tracking of end-users acknowledgement (UX
features) would be a good matter of the data stream.
Some controls would assume clicking, touching something - that could be a
good option for even driven messaging.

Ivan

https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/fltkgeneral/AJjHk9IpoNQ/Rdwk86lBBQAJ

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
As for Slack, this should be remedied across a variety of the projects and
the site.  We will make use of https://s.apache.org/nifi-community-slack moving
forward and update that with the appropriate invite link should it need to
be refreshed.