Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Anand, Uttam" <Ut...@BNSF.com> on 2018/03/21 21:25:16 UTC

kafka offset replication factor - Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hi ,

I am getting an issue while producing and consuming messages. I have just one kafka broker and one zookeeper. So I have given replication factor of all topics as 1.
I don't know from where is it trying to get replication factor as 3.

In my server.properties file I have already defined -:

offsets.topic.replication.factor=1
transaction.state.log.replication.factor=1
transaction.state.log.min.isr=1

[2018-03-21 15:54:28,249] ERROR [KafkaApi-0] Number of alive brokers '1' does not meet the required replication factor '3' for the offsets topic (configured via 'offsets.topic.replication.factor'). This error can be ignored if the cluster is starting up and not all brokers are up yet. (kafka.server.KafkaApis)

Thanks
Uttam

Please disregard last message

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
All

Kindly disregard last message

Thank You

Martin

Re: kafka offset replication factor - Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted by "Anand, Uttam" <Ut...@BNSF.com>.