Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jerome Lacoste <je...@smartcardsystem.com> on 2001/08/01 16:50:19 UTC

RE: JUnit output (System.out) not printed.

> > I upgraded to Ant 1.4 nightly and I found out that the JUnit output
> > (System.out, System.err) is not printed anymore.
>
> Your use-case indicates that we don't cover everything with this, maybe
> we should decouple the handling of System.out/.err from the summary
> formatter and add another attribute that indicates whether we want to
> swallow System.err/.out (i.e. hand it to the formatters exclusively,
> we currently do) or let output go to the original streams as well
> (unbuffered).
>
> What do you think?

Sory for the delay, I was away for a while.

As I said in my initial email I need user interaction through in my tests.
Otherwise I loose interest in running my Unit Tests in Ant.
Adding the attribute seems a good idea. I don't think of anything else as
easy that could provide the same functionality and flexibility.
I unfortunately don't have time to provide a fix. But perhaps should I
create a bug report?

One important point is that as I mentioned, some of my output gets Printed!
This output is handled by a logging class whose instance has a PrintStream
field initialised to System.out.

To summarize the System.err/out outputs inside my JUnit classes are not
printed, but some of the debugging output code contained in my library being
tested gets printed...
Might there also be a bug?

Jerome

RE: JUnit output (System.out) not printed.

Posted by Jérôme Lacoste <je...@smartcardsystem.com>.
> What? A bug? :-)

call them like me: 'un-documented un-planned (unfortunately disturbing) free
feature' :)))

> Are you able to produce a simple test case?

Not sure, I am short of time this week, then off for a month. But I will
try.
The initial point is really important for me. But it seems that I am the
only one. What about an Ant-Jerome branch? ;)

Jerome

Re: JUnit output (System.out) not printed.

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
From: "Jerome Lacoste" <je...@smartcardsystem.com>
> Might there also be a bug?

What? A bug? :-)

Are you able to produce a simple test case?

Conor