Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Bill Binole <bi...@Attachmate.com> on 2001/09/25 19:37:15 UTC

Websphere 4.0

Anyone tried getting SOAP running on this platform.  We have applications
based on SOAP 2.0 that we are trying to get running on Websphere 4.0 and are
having little luck.  It appears that there is a classpath problem and it is
not finding xerces.jar since we are getting parser errors indicative of this
error.  We have not been able to find anything on how to set the classpath
such that for our container (ear file??) has a proper class path.  Any info
appreciated.

Regards,

Bill

Re: Deploying service automatically

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
Victor,

You can use the ServiceManagerClient to do this.  The samples all show how
to programmatically deploy without restart.

cheesr (o:
dim

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
Victor,

Posted by Victor Hadianto <vi...@nuix.com.au>.
AFAIK, you can programatically generated DeploymentDescriptor.ds file and
then you have to repackage soap.war file to include the new
DeploymentDescriptor.ds file. Unfortunately this means that you can't do it
on the fly, meaning you have to shutdown your servlet container.

However if someone found the otherwise, please correct me if I'm wrong.

/victor

On Mon,  1 Oct 2001 21:41, Stefan Henke wrote:
> Websphere 4.0    Hi,
>
> I´m new to SOAP and have one question.
> I use Tomcat and Apache SOAP 2.2 to communicate between client and server.
>
> If I want to deploy a new service, I have to go to the soap admin section
> and fill out the form.
> Is there a way to do this automatically by using the file
> DeploymentDescription.xml which is sent to a servlet via a HTTP request?
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

Victor Hadianto
Nuix Pty. Ltd.      (02) 9283 9010

Re: Deploying service automatically

Posted by Victor Hadianto <vi...@nuix.com.au>.
AFAIK, you can programatically generated DeploymentDescriptor.ds file and
then you have to repackage soap.war file to include the new
DeploymentDescriptor.ds file. Unfortunately this means that you can't do it
on the fly, meaning you have to shutdown your servlet container.

However if someone found the otherwise, please correct me if I'm wrong.

/victor

On Mon,  1 Oct 2001 21:41, Stefan Henke wrote:
> Websphere 4.0    Hi,
>
> I´m new to SOAP and have one question.
> I use Tomcat and Apache SOAP 2.2 to communicate between client and server.
>
> If I want to deploy a new service, I have to go to the soap admin section
> and fill out the form.
> Is there a way to do this automatically by using the file
> DeploymentDescription.xml which is sent to a servlet via a HTTP request?
>
> Thanks
> Stefan

Victor Hadianto
Nuix Pty. Ltd.      (02) 9283 9010