Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Franck Delahaye <fr...@xps-pro.com> on 2002/02/11 20:10:51 UTC

running tomcat server from a cdrom

Hi,
I am new to tomcat and uses the 3.2 version to make a web application.
I'd like to run tomcat from a cdrom on a windows boxe :
    after having tested my application on the hard disk, put the tomcat
tree on a cd with a jvm and make a .bat script that launches tomcat
I have tried that, and it seems that tomcat wants to write in the log
directory and in the conf directory.
Is it possible to make a specific configuration and launch tomcat sothat
it does not try to write any files and  work from a CDROM ?

regards,
Franck

Re: running tomcat server from a cdrom

Posted by tarunjava <ta...@yahoo.com>.
i think it is very much possible as the tomcat writes only in the log files
and in temp directory for each application which are configurable.
tarun