Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Eugene.b" <ja...@mail.ru> on 2012/02/05 16:42:21 UTC

HELP! Using EJB3.1+JSP only is it possible?

HEy, I develop small helpdesk, and decided to do it with EJB. So in my point
of view, using servlets is not necessary. I think that I can develop my EJBs
and ad a Stateless(Singleton) Bean that implements HttpListener and
communicate with JSP easily.
I have two questions
1.is it fast?
2. is it the easisest way to develop my project
thanks,

Re: HELP! Using EJB3.1+JSP only is it possible?

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Not sure to help.
BTW, a JSP is at the end a Servlet.

You can either inject whatever you need in your JSP (@PersistenceContext,
etc) is you wanna develop something quickly.

You can also create some kind of backing beans you may want to use in your
JSP files. In such a situation, you can inject as well those backing beans
(@EJB).

No matter if they are stateless, or singleton beans.

The first solution is great for a quick and dirty development or if you
wanna some kind of rapid development approach.

Otherwise, the second one is clearer as it allows a clear separation of
concerns (business versus front).

There is not a lot of difference from a performance point of view in my
opinion. With OpenEJB, both are great and will give you nice results ;-)

Hope it helps.
 Jean-Louis