Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com> on 2012/10/09 20:40:52 UTC

Maven repo for kafka?

Hello,

I'm just getting started ramping up with kafka (pretty cool so far).

I wasn't able to find a public repo for the kafka jars (and in looking back
at the archives for this list, it seems that this question comes up from
time to time).

Are there any plans to make kafka integrate better with maven, via a public
repo?

I was able to generate a pom.xml, using "./sbt make-pom".  And then upload
the pom and the jar to our nexus repo, etc.  So that's a stop-gap solution
(albeit cumbersome).

I am curious, why does the generated pom have a groupId of "kafka" and an
artifactId of "kafka-core_2.8.0".  (what's the 2.8.0 for?).

Traditionally, apache projects have maven group ids like "org.apache.kafka"
and artifactId like "kafka-core".

Thoughts?

Jason

Re: Maven repo for kafka?

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Jason,

This has been on our plate for quite some time now. SBT 0.7.5, by
default, attaches the "_2.8.0" at the end of the artifact name
and for some odd reason we have set the groupid to "kafka" (see
KafkaProject.scala)

    override def artifactID = "kafka"

I suspect this is something that probably made sense in a much older
Kafka version, but hasn't evolved gracefully after our move to Apache.
But, we are open to accepting patches if you've found the ./sbt
make-pom to work with the above mentioned change.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: Maven repo for kafka?

Posted by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com>.