Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Colin Law <c....@elec.gla.ac.uk> on 2003/10/09 17:56:13 UTC

offscreen drawing & animation

Hello,

I am trying to write an image slideshow type application using Batik.
What I want to do is render each SVG image (which may include animation)
offscreen, then swap it onscreen at appropriate times. I've looked at
the slideshow application which does this, however it does not handle
animation.

Is there a way todo this offscreen preparation and rendering, and still
get animation?

I am new to Batik, so if I've missed something obvious, then please let
me know.

Thanks,
~Colin.

Re: offscreen drawing & animation

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Colin Law wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to write an image slideshow type application using Batik.
> What I want to do is render each SVG image (which may include animation)
> offscreen, then swap it onscreen at appropriate times. I've looked at
> the slideshow application which does this, however it does not handle
> animation.

   When you say 'animation' to you mean 'scripted' animation or SMIL animation?
I hope you man scripted because Batik does not implement SMIL animation. :)

> Is there a way todo this offscreen preparation and rendering, and still
> get animation?

   I think you just want to use multiple JSVGCanvases, and swap which one is
being displayed.  I might be hard to get the nice 'fade' effect from
the slideshow (although it would be possible).