Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2009/03/30 11:11:00 UTC

Welcome Vidar Ramdal as our new Sling committer!

Hi,

Vidar Ramdal has been active on the Sling mailing list since January
2008, has made sustained contributions of good code in the last few
months, is giving helpful help and advice and regularly participates
in technical discussions.

As a result, the Sling PPMC and the Incubator PMC recently voted to
make Vidar a committer on Sling. Please join me in welcoming Vidar!

Vidar, if you'd like to introduce yourself in a few words here, you're
welcome to!

Vidar's iCLA has been recorded already, I'll request creation of his
@apache.org account now.

-Bertrand

Re: Welcome Vidar Ramdal as our new Sling committer!

Posted by Dominik Süß <do...@gmail.com>.
Gratulations Vidar,

it was nice to meet you at ApacheCon and I'm sure Sling will benefit from
having you as new commiter.

Best regards,
Dominik

Re: Welcome Vidar Ramdal as our new Sling committer!

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Welcome Vidar!

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Welcome Vidar Ramdal as our new Sling committer!

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:

> Vidar, if you'd like to introduce yourself in a few words here, you're
> welcome to!

Thanks!

My interest in Sling comes from the fact that the company I'm working
for, is developing a new web-based CMS product. After evaluating
several platforms, we decided to go with Sling.

Sling was a good fit for us, but there's allways something missing or
needing improvement, and we have contributed patches to the Sling
project for the stuff we have needed. Thanks to the highly responsive
Sling committers, we have found it easy to involve ourselves in the
project.

So, I hope that, with my newly achieved committer status, I can help
even more people to get involved. I'm excited about the future of
Sling, and looking forward to contributing to it.

(And, BTW, ApacheCon was great fun. I'm really happy I could meet you
guys there, and will almost definitely be coming back next year).

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

Re: Welcome Vidar Ramdal as our new Sling committer!

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations and welcome Vidar!.

Great news that the team is growing.

Regards,

Juanjo.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Vidar !

Happy to have you aboard.

It was really great to have you met last week in Amsterdam.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.

2009/4/16 Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#commit-403 should help!

Thanks, both of you. https was the key.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Vidar,

Posted by Philipp Koch <pk...@day.com>.
are you using https connection?

regards,
philipp

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Vidar's account has been created, used vramdal should have commit
> access on Sling now....

I have also added Vidar's name on the list at
http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/project-team.html and a news
item at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sling.html, both should
be updated in a few hours.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Vidar's iCLA has been recorded already, I'll request creation of his
> @apache.org account now....

Vidar's account has been created, used vramdal should have commit
access on Sling now.

Vidar, note that your first commit message needs to be moderated in,
it might take longer than usual to appear.

Here are some useful links for new committers:

http://www.apache.org/dev/
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/user-email.html

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> As a result, the Sling PPMC and the Incubator PMC recently voted to
> make Vidar a committer on Sling.

Gratulerer og velkommen til teamet, Vidar!

BR,

Jukka Zitting