Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Norman Klein <no...@first-franklin.com> on 2002/10/03 18:07:07 UTC

Using a default entry with LookupDispatchAction ???

I am currently using LookupDispatchAction to handle all of the various
submit buttons on my form. But when this particular webpage is first
invoked, I would like to first pre-populate it with values. So I want to use
the same Action (Form bean) to handle pre-populating the webpage and then
handling
the later user modifications (after they have pressed any one of the
"submit" buttons).

I am thinking that I will probably need to use an HTML link to invoke it.

I was experimenting with something along these lines:

where this method would simply be included in the "getKeyMethodMap".

protected Map getKeyMethodMap() {
        Map map = new HashMap();
        map.put("button.save.borrower1", "saveBorrower1");
        map.put("button.save.borrower2", "saveBorrower2");
        map.put("initialize", "initialize");
        return map;
}

But have not gotten this to work yet. Any help would be appreciated

thanks, Norman