Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marty Landman <ml...@face2interface.com> on 2006/01/23 04:01:22 UTC

[users@httpd] samba artifact on error log?

I've been annoyed by entries like this

[Sun Jan 22 19:22:04 2006] [error] [client 192.168.0.111] File does not
exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/web

on my Apache error log for... forever. Workstation is Win XP home and the
server runs RedHat 9 with Apache and Samba. I'm thinking this is some kind
of Apache Samba Windows interaction cluttering up the httpd error log but
not totally sure.

Albeit there are no messages on either /var/log/samba/n|smbd.log or
/var/log/messages which come close to a corresponding timestamp.

Anyone use my style config i.e. xp workstation, linux apache server running
samba who's either run into this, or has not?

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Webmaster's Bulletin Board: http://bbs.face2interface.com/
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal