Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2021/03/01 07:36:02 UTC

[DRAFT][REVIEW] 4.14.1.0 release announcement draft

All,

In anticipation of the 4.14.1.0 release, please review the announcement draft:

### START ###

# Apache CloudStack LTS Maintenance Release 4.14.1.0

The Apache CloudStack project is pleased to announce the release of
CloudStack 4.14.1.0 as part of its LTS 4.14.x releases. The CloudStack
4.14.1.0 release contains more than 100 fixes and improvements since
the CloudStack 4.14.0.0 release.

CloudStack LTS branches are supported for 18 months, and
will receive updates for the first 12 months and only security updates in its
last 6 months.

Apache CloudStack is an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
software platform that allows users to build feature-rich public and
private cloud environments. CloudStack includes an intuitive user interface
and rich API for managing the compute, networking, software, and storage
resources. The project became an Apache top-level project in March, 2013.

More information about Apache CloudStack can be found at:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/

# Documentation

What's new in  CloudStack 4.14.1.0:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.14.1.0/about.html

The 4.14.1.0 release notes include a full list of issues fixed, as well
as upgrade instructions from previous versions of Apache CloudStack, and
can be found at:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.14.1.0

The official installation, administration, and API documentation for
each of the releases are available on our documentation page:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/

# Downloads

The official source code for the 4.14.1.0 release can be downloaded from our
downloads page:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html

In addition to the official source code release, individual contributors
have also made convenience binaries available on the Apache CloudStack
download page, and can be found at:

http://download.cloudstack.org/ubuntu/dists/
http://download.cloudstack.org/centos/7/
http://www.shapeblue.com/packages/

### END ###

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DRAFT][REVIEW] 4.14.1.0 release announcement draft

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Sally, I've sent email to announce@apache.org - can you help check and moderate that, I don't see the email published yet on the list.

I've published the announcement blog here:
https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/entry/apache-cloudstack-lts-maintenance-release

Regards.

________________________________
Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Re: [DRAFT][REVIEW] 4.14.1.0 release announcement draft

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Rohit. Hello, everyone --I hope you are well.

Please go ahead and publish on blogs.apache.org/cloudstack and across the CloudStack channels. Be sure to also send to announce@apache.org as that will reach those members of the media/analyst community who are following ASF news there. By sending to announce@, we will also be including the v4.14.10 release in this Friday's Weekly News Round-up, which is also sent to our dedicated media/analyst list.

 - announce@apache.org (the format below is OK for both the blog and announce@; usually a bit less formal)

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks for your feedback Andrija, I'll wait today and announce tomorrow in case anybody wants to share their thoughts.

Regards.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [DRAFT][REVIEW] 4.14.1.0 release announcement draft

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All, 4.14.1.0 vote has passed.