Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/16 20:23:37 UTC

start levels for datasource files in deploy dir

we copy datasource-*.xml files into the karaf/deploy dir.  How do we
enable/set start levels for these bundles so that they are started prior to
the bundles that use/depend on them?

Re: start levels for datasource files in deploy dir

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You just need use OSGi service pattern(normally osgi:service schema) for the JNDI name lookup in your spring context xml, please take a look at [1] to get more details.

[1]http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/users-guide/jndi.html
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
we are making JNDI lookups to get the data source, so how do we reference as
a service?

Re: start levels for datasource files in deploy dir

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
The startlevel is defined in the org.apache.felix.fileinstall-deploy.cfg
and per default it is configured to be in SL 80.
As startlevel 80 is also defined to be the startlevel for custom bundles
installed per command line.
Regarding the dependency, I'd rather not depent on the startleve. If you
have another service that depends on a datasource to show up, make sure the
datasource is referenced as service.

regards, Achim

> we copy datasource-*.xml files into the karaf/deploy dir.  How do we
> enable/set start levels for these bundles so that they are started prior to
> the bundles that use/depend on them?

Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>