Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Patrick Dean Rusk <Pa...@attbi.com> on 2002/10/25 22:45:46 UTC

Double-spaced source?

Do I have a line-ending problem?  A lot of the FOP source files seem to be
double-spaced.  Is that normal?

Patrick Rusk

Re: Double-spaced source?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Patrick Dean Rusk wrote:
> Do I have a line-ending problem?  A lot of the FOP source files seem to be
> double-spaced.  Is that normal?

No. Load a file into a hex editor and check whether it has the line
end characters for your platform. The distribution was created with
Unix line endings (LF only). Some unpack programs try to be smart
and convert it for you to the platform specific form. However, no
development platform worth its money should have problems with either
form.
If you got the source from CVS, check you CVS client setup. There has
been some files checked in with wrong line endings, but the checkout
should correct for this if properly configured.

J.Pietschmann