Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Thompson <mi...@thompsonmike.co.uk> on 2003/10/18 08:44:00 UTC

[users@httpd] install the latest version of Apache

Hi ,

  How do you install the latest version of Apache over the existing
  Redhat version?

  I have compliled and Maked, but it puts it all into a new directory,
  leaving the origional. What files do I need to move to upgrade?

--

Best regards,
 Michael (mike@thompsonmike.co.uk)

Would I ask you a rhetorical question?

http://www.thompsonmike.co.uk/
PGP KeyID := 0xA9547E32

'To see a world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wild flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour'

Using TheBat! Version 2.00.6
Running On Windows XP (2600, Service Pack 1)
Sent From OneAndOne

Re: [users@httpd] install the latest version of Apache

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Michael Thompson wrote:
> How do you install the latest version of Apache over the existing
> Redhat version?
>
> I have compliled and Maked, but it puts it all into a new directory,
> leaving the origional. What files do I need to move to upgrade?

RedHat has their own idea where stuff should be, so either remove the
previous rpm and install from source, or find the rpm from RedHat.

Regards,
Robert Andersson