Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by webdev1977 <we...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/19 18:37:25 UTC

Re: Nutch and Hadoop not working proper

I know this is old, but were you ever able to resolve this issue? I am having
the same problem.  I have traced it back in the code to an init method that
uses the value of hadoop.log.history.location.  I have tried setting this in
both core-site as well as hdfs-site to no avail.

Re: Nutch and Hadoop not working proper

Posted by webdev1977 <we...@gmail.com>.
I found a workaround to the exact issue and error message encountered by the
OP.  I think this only applies to running hadoop (0.20.2) a Windows (cygwin)
environment

Add the following setting to the mapred-site.xml:
<property>
  <name>hadoop.job.history.user.location</name>
  <value>none</value>
  <final>true</final>
</property>

I have not tried it with this value explicitly set to anything else, or
without the use of the final tag, but I imagine it might work setting it to
something else.

Re: Nutch and Hadoop not working proper

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
when i look at the init scripts i see the hadoop.log passes as parameter.
Maybe that would help?

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17