Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2017/11/01 19:02:11 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Bigtop version 1.2.1

+1 [binding]

Checked signature, hash, ran basic tests with CentOS and Ubuntu.

Minor issue, not worthy a respin: two files aren't passing the RAT check. We
should fix it in the master (BIGTOP-2915), Ok to be in the release, IMO.

    bigtop-ci/build.sh
    bigtop-ci/entrypoint.sh

Sorry for the delay.
Regards,
  Cos

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Bigtop version 1.2.1

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
With four binding +1s, one non-binding +1, and no -1, or +-0 votes.
The vote for 1.2.1 release PASSES.

Binding +1s:
  Amir Sanjar
  Olaf Flebbe
  Konstantin Boudnik
  Evans Ye

Non-binding +1s:
  Kevin Monroe

Thank you all for voting, testing, and giving feedback to make this release
happen.
I'll do the final step to publish the release shortly.

Thanks,
Evans

Re: [VOTE] Release Bigtop version 1.2.1

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

I've re-organized the artifacts on S3. Kafka artifacts are removed and
indexes are re-generated.
After that I've rerun tests of package installation and deployments on our
CI. All looks good.
So here's my +1(binding) for RC2.

We've said that the due date can be postponed, but there's no concrete date
given back then.
In order to have decision with full disclosure and to give enough time to
folks in different timezones, I'll close the vote 3 days later on:

Friday, November 10th, 2017 at noon PDT

I hope that is sufficient :)