Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com> on 2015/11/17 04:34:41 UTC

Ignite Console and PortableMarshaller

Hi!

In ignite-1.5 we are going to add PortableMarshaller.

It seems that we need also add PortableMarshaller configuration to Ignite
Console UI.

Ignite Console UI already can configure JDK and Optimized marshallers.

Do we finalized PortableMarshaller public API?

Can I proceed with adding support for PortableMarshaller to Ignite Console?

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Ignite Console and PortableMarshaller

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
To my knowledge, the PortableMarshaller will be moved to an internal
package and won’t be public anymore. The portable protocol will be renamed
to Binary and will become the default Ignite protocol.

If users configure an explicit marshaller, then the configured marshaller
will be used, and users will be required to deploy their domain classes on
the server side, just like they do now. Otherwise, the new default Binary
marshaling protocol will be used, and the domain classes will not have to
be deployed on the servers anymore.

Another cool feature of the Binary protocol is the ability to change domain
schema on the fly (e.g. add or remove fields) without having to restart the
servers.

Alexey, can you tell us if the Binary protocol has any additional
configuration properties?

D.