Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by chitta <ch...@wipro.com> on 2011/05/19 13:28:24 UTC

Failover using journaled JDBC.

Does Active MQ support failover using journaled JDBC or not? I am using
activeMQ 5.4.2.

Re: Failover using journaled JDBC.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the only difference is in schema validation. Prior to 5.4, the schema
was not validated by default so it was ok to use journaledJDBC which
used a spring factory bean to make the persistence adapter but which
was invalid w.r.t the schema.

With journalPersistenceAdapterFactory you are explicitly using the
factory which matches the xml schema.

Both achieve the same result though. Going forward the use of
journalPersistenceAdapterFactory is required because schema validation
is in enforce.

You can bypass validation by appending the url query parameter
?validate=false to the xbean url, but it is better to update the xml
configuration to be valid w.r.t the schema.

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com

Re: Failover using journaled JDBC.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
no, the journal is not replicated, so any inflight messages, in the
journal but not yet batch replayed to the jdbc store will not be
accessible/visible to the peer broker.

For failover between peer brokers that share a jdbc store, you should
not use a journal.

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com