Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Karim Saloojee <ka...@hotpop.com> on 2002/07/05 10:18:45 UTC

Should I move to Struts 1.1 beta? How and why?

Hi

I am fairly new to Struts and have been working on Struts 1.0. We have
started a new project and have done some (about 10%) of the work in Struts
1.0.

Struts 1.1 seems to have a lot of new functionality that would make our
lives much simpler, particularly ActionForms. The questions I have are:

1. Would it be feasable to move at this stage to 1.1, is the learning curve
steep and is it fairly backward compatible.
2. Is 1.1 beta being used in production systems, are there any stability
issues, can I be confident using it in a banking environment?
3. What are the best resources to find functionality, development tools and
best practises for 1.1.
4. How should I go about moving to 1.1 beta

Thanks in advance,
Karim