Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Chenini, Mohamed " <MC...@geico.com> on 2009/04/09 23:56:14 UTC

debugging a Wicket application running under Jetty-6.1 in Eclipse

Hi,

This is about debugging a Wicket application running under Jetty-6.1 in
Eclipse.

I followed the steps shown at:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Debugging+with+the+Maven+Jetty+Pl
ugin+inside+Eclipse

But I am getting this exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/classworlds/Launcher

Exception in thread "main"

Any help?

The steps I followed are:

Step 1
Go to the Run/External Tools/External Tools ..." menu item on the "Run"
menu bar. Select "Program" and click the "New" button. On the "Main"
tab, fill in the "Location:" as the full path to your "mvn" executable.
C:\java\DEVTOOLS\MAIN\maven2\bin

 For the "Working Directory:" select the workspace that matches your
webapp. For "Arguments:" add jetty:run.

Move to the "Environment" tab and click the "New" button to add a new
variable named MAVEN_OPTS with the value:

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=4000,server=y,suspend=y

If you supply suspend=n instead of suspend=y you can start immediately
without running the debugger and launch the debugger at anytime you
really wish to debug.

Step 2

Then, pull up the "Run/Debug/Debug ..." menu item and select "Remote
Java Application" and click the "New" button. Fill in the dialog by
selecting your webapp project for the "Project:" field, and ensure you
are using the same port number as you specified in the address= property
above.

Now all you need to do is to Run/External Tools and select the name of
the maven tool setup you created in step 1 to start the plugin and then
Run/Debug and select the name of the debug setup you setup in step2.

Thanks,

Mohamed

This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.

RE: debugging a Wicket application running under Jetty-6.1 in Eclipse

Posted by "Chenini, Mohamed " <MC...@geico.com>.
It is working now. I am debugging in Eclipse.
Thanks a lot

Posted by jcgarciam <jc...@gmail.com>.