Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2019/06/12 21:49:07 UTC

Different facet count between 7.7.1 and 8.1.1

Hello again,

We found another oddity when upgrading to Solr 8. For a *:* query, the facet counts for a simple string field do not match at all between these versions. Solr 7.7.1 gives less or zero counts where as for 8 we see the correct counts. So something seems fixed for a bug that i was not aware of, although are unit tests rely heavily on correct facet counts.

When i do a field query <field>:<facet_key> the numFound matches the correct facet counts i see on Solr 8.

I checked CHANGES.txt for anything on this subject, but the issues do not seem to match this description. Does anyone have an idea what difference in behaviour i see, and what ticket dealt with this subject?

We do not use JSON-facets here.

Many thanks,
Markus

Re: Different facet count between 7.7.1 and 8.1.1

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Can you reproduce it from a clean 7.7.1 install? I mean, index N docs and then run the facet query? Is it a distributed query or a single shard? Does an "optimize" change anything? Is this DocValues strings?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com