Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Lipscombe <ad...@expensys.com> on 2007/05/08 11:54:39 UTC

Odd tomcat 6.1.0 problem

Folks

I have an odd problem that occurs on TC6 running on fedora core 6.
Apache in fronting TC.

When I try to pass an HTML parameter from a JSP it is not in present in the request object for the
receiving JSP. I get the following in catalina.out:

WARNING: Parameters: Character decoding failed. Parameter skipped.
java.io.CharConversionException: isHexDigit
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.convert(UDecoder.java:88)
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.convert(UDecoder.java:49)
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.urlDecode(Parameters.java:410)
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters(Parameters.java:392)
         at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters(Parameters.java:344)
         at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters(Request.java:2453)
         at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getParameter(Request.java:1031)
         at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getParameter(RequestFacade.java:355)

The param I am trying to pass is a simple text string.

Any ideas?

TIA - Adam

Re: Odd tomcat 6.1.0 problem

Posted by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com>.
Adam Lipscombe wrote:
> Folks
>
> I have an odd problem that occurs on TC6 running on fedora core 6.
> Apache in fronting TC.
>
> When I try to pass an HTML parameter from a JSP it is not in present
> in the request object for the receiving JSP. I get the following in
> catalina.out:
>
> WARNING: Parameters: Character decoding failed. Parameter skipped.
> java.io.CharConversionException: isHexDigit
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.convert(UDecoder.java:88)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.convert(UDecoder.java:49)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.urlDecode(Parameters.java:410)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters(Parameters.java:392)
>
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters.processParameters(Parameters.java:344)
>
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters(Request.java:2453)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getParameter(Request.java:1031)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getParameter(RequestFacade.java:355)

> The param I am trying to pass is a simple text string.
>

> Any ideas?

Sounds to me like there is a % sign in the parameter text which is not
url encoded. Make sure you url encode the request url in your first JSP.
Regards,
Sebastiaan

Re: Odd tomcat 6.1.0 problem

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.