Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Reema Desai <re...@cisco.com> on 2002/01/04 08:11:09 UTC

Env variable info needed.

Hi,

Can anybody tell me the name of the environment variable that stores the
username when the user logs to a particular site  if the page is
protected ?

Thanks & Regards,
Reema.

Re: Env variable info needed.

Posted by Jan Gruber <Ja...@pollux.primacom.net>.
Hi !

iirc REMOTE_USER should do what you want.

HTH,
Jan

--
Jan Gruber              Primacom AG
Central Systems

cat /dev/world | perl -e "while (<>) {(/(^.*? \?) 42 \!/) && (print $1)}"
errors->(c)
_

Re: Env variable info needed.

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
Hi,

the only answer that comes into my mind is:
1.) use mod_perl or Apache::Registry,
2.) install the modules Apache::Htpassword, Apache::Session and all
packages these require (Time::ParseDate, Apache::SharedMem etc.)
3.) Read the pods

Sorry, I know that's not much - but maybe it'll help.

Martin