Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/19 11:35:42 UTC

WordWrap for TextArea

Hi to all,
for a future release (1.5 ?) what do you think on adding a WordWrap
setting for TextArea, like in many text editors ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: WordWrap for TextArea

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ok, let's wait after the 1.4, and see ...

Bye

Re: WordWrap for TextArea

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
There's a valid use case for telling TextArea not to wrap text, but it
requires text area to be able to report a preferred width (and unconstrained
preferred size).  Noel actually sent out a patch for this yesterday, but
since text area is so complex, Greg voted to hold off on consideration of
the patch for the 1.4 release.  I don't think there's any rush for this
feature, so I'd tend to agree to hold off.  However, it's presumably on the
table for 1.4.1.

As for label wrapping, the wrapText style in LabelSkin has always existed,
so I'm not sure what use case you're saying needs to be addressed there.

-T

Re: WordWrap for TextArea

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: WordWrap for TextArea