Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jerry M <te...@malcolms.com> on 2011/12/27 20:59:04 UTC

Failed send to apache.org (??)

I am trying to subscribe to the apache httpd and tomcat forums.  For
some reason, the mail is being rejected.  I was able to get the
subscribe emails to go through, the responses came back.  But when I try
to send the subscribe-verification emails, James bounces them as
undeliverable.   I'm simply hitting the 'reply' button on the subscribe
response email.

I tried posting to the forum after sending the subscribe confirmation
(before realizing it was being held by James).  Interestingly, the post
went through, and I got the response from the forum saying I wasn't
subscribed.  So it is really weird that it's ONLY the subscribe
confirmations that are failing (???)

All other email is flowing outbound and inbound just fine.  I just have
a bunch of outbound emails to apache.org sitting in the spool for a
while marked ERROR, which subsequently bounce.  There is basically no
error info in the bounce.  BTW... I'm on James 2.3.2.

Any ideas what might be happening?  (I'm sending this post through the
same channels... so if you're reading this, no problems posting to James
group.)

FWIW, here is the relevant info in the bounce:

> From the outbound mail server for JWMHosting. The attached message
> could not be delivered.  See the message below from the recipient's
> server for more information. If no message is displayed below, please
> check the spelling of the domain name on the recipient's address.  If
> that is correct, most likely the domain is down or otherwise unavailable.
Failed recipient(s):
users-sc.1324969054.nebionkadkepmlbiofjf-techstuff=malcolms.com@httpd.apache.org

Error message:
)

status.dat

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.jwmhosting.com
Received-From-MTA: dns; cpe-70-124-81-136.austin.res.rr.com

Final-Recipient:
rfc822;users-sc.1324969054.nebionkadkepmlbiofjf-techstuff=malcolms.com@httpd.apache.org

Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-James; )
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 07:35:16 -0600 (CST)