Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Carlos B." <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/06 13:16:51 UTC

Recording requests with JMeter

I followed all the steps of "jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf"
(http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf),
to record all the requests of my java webapp but anything is recorded. The
application is runnig under a Tomcat in my own machine. I did all the steps,
configure JMeter, the browser... but there isn't results. It's the first
time I use JMeter so I need some help!

Thanks

Re: Recording requests with JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That means that the browser was ignoring the proxy when using localhost.

Posted by "Carlos B." <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pramod_bambore <pr...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,

Posted by "Carlos B." <ca...@gmail.com>.
I think the problem is that my webapp is running in a Tomcat
(http://localhost:8080/xxxx) and JMeter proxy is configured in the port
9090. JMeter proxy is catching the requests of the browser but it doesn't
know how to redirect these requests. I suppose I have to call my webapp via
port 9090 (http://localhost:9090/xxxx) and JMeter proxy will redirect this
request to Tomcat...
Any idea to solve the problem?
thanks sebb

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 07/05/2009, Carlos B. <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I tried this Adrian, the application runs but JMeter doesn't record anything.
>  I think the browser is configured well, address:localhost and port:9090 and
>  bypass proxy server for local addresses is unchecked. JMeter proxy is
>  configured at 9090 too. If I don't specify the port the browser can't reach
>  my application and if I specify the 8080 the application runs but JMeter
>  doesn't record any request.

The JMeter proxy works by creating a sampler for the request, running
the sampler, and returning the results of the sample to the browser.

If JMeter does not record requests and the application runs, then the
application is not sending the requests via JMeter.

>  thanks a lot!

Please try what I wrote (twice).

Posted by "Carlos B." <ca...@gmail.com>.