Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com> on 2017/03/07 12:51:54 UTC

Taverna 2.5 SSL issue

Hello everybody

I have been trying to find a workaround for a user's problem with the
NCBI localworkers no longer working. Switching from HTTP to HTTPS was
not sufficient as Taverna 2.5 would then complain about the "prime size
must be multiple of 64".

Having gone down a rabbit hole of Java 8, I found a workaround for Java
7, which is to remove the lines in taverna.bat and taverna.vmoptions
that set

com.sun.net.ssl.enableECC to false

Removing those lines makes the localworkers work (after the change to
HTTPS).

Does anyone see a problem with recommending this as a solution to the user?

Alan