Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Giampiero De Ciantis <gd...@aci.on.ca> on 2003/07/07 20:24:33 UTC

[OT] Opinion if struts is being used on www.canada411.com

I was at the canada411 site and noticed that the "Find a Business" feature
uses JSP/Servlets instead of ASP (which is what "Find a Person" uses). I was
wondering if anyone could tell me if this is actually struts in the
background. I doesn't matter, but it would be interesting to see Struts in
such a widely-used application.

Look yourself at www.canada411.com

-Gp

Re: [OT] Opinion if struts is being used on www.canada411.com

Posted by "Jamie M. Guillemette" <Ja...@av-basesystems.com>.
If you view source on the pages you will see that every form has an action,
name and id specified. this would lead me to think that yes they are indeed
using struts... the fact that their pages end in asp may simply be a
misnomer.. as they may have once used asp technology.. or perhaps they are
refering to Application server page ( vs active server pages from our evil
competitor m$)

In either way.. i dont see anyway to know for 100% certainty. Cause you dont
have to use the *.do standard..
My app for instance uses /do/* instead...

JMG

Ugh...Not enough coffee today. The reason why I think struts is being used
is because the servlet has a .do extension. I wasn't sure if the .do is
common in the servlet world.

Look yourself at www.canada411.com

Posted by Giampiero De Ciantis <gd...@aci.on.ca>.

Look yourself at www.canada411.com