Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Stewart, Gary" <Ga...@luht.scot.nhs.uk> on 2005/10/27 10:44:38 UTC

Parameter passing and the authentication framework

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with parameter passing (or expression matching) and the authentication framework. Basically I have something that needs to be authenticated but also needs the request parameters available to the match so I have something like

<map:match pattern="event">
 <map:act type="request">
  <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
  <map:act type="auth-protect">
   <map:parameter name="handler" value="authhandler"/>
   <map:generate src="cocoon:/get-event/{id}" />

or using <map:match pattern="event/*"> would be fine as well. The auth-protect handler seems to gobble this up though; is there anyway of continuing this data into the rest of the pipe?

Thanks,

Gary

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only, If you
have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden.

Betr.: Parameter passing and the authentication framework

Posted by Pe...@mediacenter.nl.

"Stewart, Gary" <Ga...@luht.scot.nhs.uk> wrote on 27-10-2005
10:44:38:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm having some problems with parameter passing (or expression
> matching) and the authentication framework. Basically I have
> something that needs to be authenticated but also needs the request
> parameters available to the match so I have something like
>
> <map:match pattern="event">
>  <map:act type="request">
>   <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
>   <map:act type="auth-protect">
>    <map:parameter name="handler" value="authhandler"/>
>    <map:generate src="cocoon:/get-event/{id}" />

I think this should be