Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 07:37:38 UTC

Set property of selected cell range in a textable in Writer

I'm not sure if I it is possible to make cell enumeration based on the
CellRange
so that i can set property for each cell. Setting the property of a
CellRange seems not work.
Please advice, thank you.

Sub Snippet
  Dim oCurrentSelection As Variant
  Dim sRangeName As String
  Dim oCurrentController As Variant
  Dim oViewCursor As Variant
  Dim oTextTable As Variant
  Dim oCellRangeByName As Variant

  oCurrentSelection = ThisComponent.getCurrentSelection()
  sRangeName = oCurrentSelection.getRangeName()
  oCurrentController = ThisComponent.getCurrentController()

  oViewCursor = oCurrentController.getViewCursor()
  oTextTable = oViewCursor.TextTable
  oCellRangeByName = oTextTable.getCellRangeByName(sRangeName)
  oCellRangeByName.setPropertyValue("WritingMode",2)

End Sub

--
Mark Hung

Re: Set property of selected cell range in a textable in Writer

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
First, you need to understand what is returned when you get the current
selection and then you need to check for it. For example:

Nothing selected or multiple text ranges: com.sun.star.text.TextRanges

ne or more cells selected in one block: com.sun.star.text.TextTableCursor

So, you must inspect what is returned and then make changes based on that

For example:

Sub WhatIsSelected
   Dim oSel
   Dim oneSel
   Dim i As Long

   oSel = ThisComponent.CurrentCOntroller.getSelection()
   'Inspect oSel

   If oSel.supportsService("com.sun.star.text.TextRanges") Then
     For i = 0 To oSel.getCount() - 1
       oneSel = oSel.getByIndex(i)
       If oneSel.supportsService("com.sun.star.text.TextRange") Then
         If NOT IsNull(oneSel.Cell) Then
             ' You have a cell here
             ' If actually select stuff, it will probably look like
             ' there is one more selection than you really have.
             ' One for each selected range and one for the current cursor
             ' location (I think).
         ENd If
       Else
         Print "what is this thing"
         'Inspect oneSel
       End If
     Next
   ElseIf oSel.supportsService("com.sun.star.text.TextTableCursor") Then
     'Inspect oSel
     'Can you set what you want on the entire range at once?
     ' I think that you can, I do not think that you must enumerate the
cells.
   End If
End Sub

Hope this helps

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: Set property of selected cell range in a textable in Writer

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
Sadly, I am not aware of a simple obvious way to do this.

I suppose that if you know that the table is simple, you can take some
short-cuts. Here are some things that you do know...

You know the range name by calling oSel.RangeName

You can get the containing text table (because you cannot select cells
from different tables at the same time).

ThisComponent.CurrentController.ViewCursor.TextTable

Especially if this is a simple table, you can parse B3:C4 to get what
you need / want...

You can get the cell range itself (rather than the text table cursor)

oTextTable.getCellRangeByName(sRangeName)

You can then use the number of rows and columns to get what you want,
but, again, this only works for a simple text table.

   ElseIf oSel.supportsService("com.sun.star.text.TextTableCursor") Then
     'Inspect oSel
     'Can you set what you want on the entire range at once?
     ' I think that you can, I do not think that you must enumerate the
cells.
     ' The view cursor must be in a text table, so...
     Dim sRangeName$
     Dim oTextTable
     Dim o
     Dim oCell
     Dim oEmpty
     Dim iNumCols As Long
     Dim iNumRows As Long
     Dim iCol As Long
     Dim iRow As Long
     Dim s$

     sRangeName = oSel.RangeName
     oTextTable = ThisComponent.CurrentController.ViewCursor.TextTable
     o = oTextTable.getCellRangeByName(sRangeName)
     print sRangeName
     'Inspect oTextTable.getCellRangeByName(sRangeName).ColumnDescriptions
     iNumCols = UBound(o.getColumnDescriptions())
     iNumRows = UBound(o.GetRowDescriptions())
     For iCol = 0 To iNumCols
       For iRow = 0 To iNumRows
         oCell = o.getCellByPosition(iCol, iRow)
         s = s & oCell.CellName & CHR$(10)
       Next
     Next
     MsgBox s
   End If

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mathias,

Posted by Mathias Röllig <mr...@gmx.net>.
Hi!

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bernard Marcelly <ma...@club-internet.fr>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mathias Röllig <mr...@gmx.net>.
Hello Mark!

What is your Selection? If you select a complete cell or cellrange it
should work.
What means "it works not"? Is there a errror message? If not:

Sub CellModifyTest

   Dim oCurrentSelection As Object
   Dim i As Integer

   i = oCurrentSelection.getPropertyValue( "WritingMode" )
   oCurrentSelection.setPropertyValue( "WritingMode",
com.sun.star.text.WritingMode2.TB_RL )
   MsgBox( "WritingMode was: " & i & " new: " &
oCurrentSelection.getPropertyValue( "WritingMode" )

   i = oCurrentSelection.getPropertyValue( "ParaAdjust" )
   oCurrentSelection.setPropertyValue( "ParaAdjust",
com.sun.star.style.ParagraphAdjust.RIGHT )
   MsgBox( "ParaAdjust was: " & i & " new: " &
oCurrentSelection.getPropertyValue( "ParaAdjust" )

   i = oCurrentSelection.getPropertyValue( "ParaVertAlignment" )
   oCurrentSelection.setPropertyValue( "ParaVertAlignment",
com.sun.star.text.ParagraphVertAlign.BOTTOM )
   MsgBox( "ParaVertAlignment was: " & i & " new: " &
oCurrentSelection.getPropertyValue( "ParaVertAlignment" )

End Sub

See
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/style/ParagraphPropertiesComplex.html#WritingMode
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/style/ParagraphProperties.html#ParaAdjust
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/style/ParagraphProperties.html#ParaVertAlignment

Regards, Mathias

Re: Set property of selected cell range in a textable in Writer

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mathias,

Posted by Hung Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mathias,