Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it> on 2006/12/20 16:30:58 UTC

[Trinidad] rendering disabled tr:commandButton

Hi, after replacing h:commandButton by tr:commandButton, I noticed an
unpleasant rendering effect for disabled buttons.
For example, this button

action="#{loginBean.changePwdAction}"
disabled="#{loginBean.changePwdDisabled}"/>

while disabled is rendered as:

<button id="login:changePwd"
    name="login:changePwd"
    type="button"
    disabled
    class="af_commandButton p_AFDisabled">
        Change password
</button>

and while enabled as:

<button id="login:changePwd"
    name="login:changePwd"
    type="button"
    onclick="submitForm('login',1,{source:'login:changePwd'});return false;"
    class="af_commandButton">
        Change password
</button>

if starting as disabled, this rendering prevents any javascript
switching to enabled according to other page conditions - such as radio
selection - since there would be no action. The only way would be to
follow the very Trinidad-specific onclick based action handling, e.g.
adding/removing the onclick attribute.
Standard switching used to work well with core h:commandButton, where
action is always there, no matter disabled status.
Is this kind of rendering an option vs. standard button/action association ?
-- Renzo

Re: [Trinidad] rendering disabled tr:commandButton

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
you can use ppr for that.

like

	                    autoSubmit="true"