Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Deodoro Filho <ol...@atlantico.com.br> on 2007/10/09 19:54:27 UTC

Problems on Suse

Hello all,

We've written a simple module that reads a POST request and sends it
through a socket to our server. It's been developed in Debian and works
fine in three different machines.

The problem is our client demanded us to deploy on Suse 10.2, and I've
set up the whole thing, but, when it came to the apache module, it's
behaving very weird. I've checked all the Apache configurations and they
match the Debian setup, I've also recompiled it in the deploy machine
(just in case), still it won't work.

When it reaches this line:

ret = ap_get_brigade(r->input_filters, bbin, AP_MODE_GETLINE,
          APR_BLOCK_READ, 0);

Apache tells us in error_log:

> [Tue Oct 09 09:04:42 2007] [crit] [Tue Oct 09 09:04:42 2007] file http_filters.c, line 346, assertion "readbytes > 0" failed
> [Tue Oct 09 09:04:43 2007] [notice] child pid 13508 exit signal Aborted (6)

and it cuts communications all of the sudden.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks,

Deodoro Filho

Re: Problems on Suse

Posted by "Dr. Peter Poeml" <po...@suse.de>.
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 03:44:22PM -0300, Deodoro Filho wrote:
> I guess you're right, beats me why the distribution rpm was compiled
> with AP_DEBUG.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Deodoro Filho
>
> Nick Kew wrote:
> >On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:54:27 -0300
> >Deodoro Filho <ol...@atlantico.com.br> wrote:
> >
> >>Can anyone help me ?
> >
> >Looks like the SuSE is compiled with debug, and is unhappy about
> >you passing 0 for readbytes.

indeed, the httpd on SuSE was compiled with AP_DEBUG until recently
(tripped over it myself).

I think the background was that in 2.0 alpha times, it had the effect of
causing a compile with -Wall and probably was added for that effect.

I have corrected the mistake.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development