Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alaa Zubaidi <al...@pdf.com> on 2010/08/19 23:30:39 UTC

Errors with Cassandra 0.7

Hi,

I am trying to run Cassandra 0.7 and I am getting different errors:
First it was while calling client.insert and now while calling
set_keyspace (see below).
Any help is appreciated.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
    at
org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:132)
    at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:84)
    at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readAll(TBinaryProtocol.java:369)
    at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readI32(TBinaryProtocol.java:295)
    at
org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:202)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_set_keyspace(Cassandra.java:439)
    at
org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.set_keyspace(Cassandra.java:424)
    at
rtsim.CassandraInterface.ConnectToKeyspace(CassandraInterface.java:216)
    at rtsim.Main.main(Main.java:308)

Note: I get the following when I start Cassandra:
*10/08/19 12:58:26 INFO utils.Mx4jTool: Will not load MX4J,
mx4j-tools.jar is not in the classpath*

--
Alaa Zubaidi

Re: Errors with Cassandra 0.7

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 16:30, Alaa Zubaidi <al...@pdf.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run Cassandra 0.7 and I am getting different errors: First it
> was while calling client.insert and now while calling set_keyspace (see
> below).
>
> Note: I get the following when I start Cassandra:
> *10/08/19 12:58:26 INFO utils.Mx4jTool: Will not load MX4J, mx4j-tools.jar
> is not in the classpath*

MX4J exposes JMX operations over a simple web interface.  Cassandra
attempts to load it if the jar is in the classpath.  By default is is
*not* present.  Hence, the message.  Nothing to worry about.

Gary.

Re: Errors with Cassandra 0.7

Posted by Alaa Zubaidi <al...@pdf.com>.
That was it..